Students and PhD's

Standard Master Thesis Agreement

This agreement can be used for master thesis projects in collaboration with third parties (companies, not-for-profit organisations, …) and needs to be signed by the Ghent University Promotor and the Director of Education of your faculty.

A Master Dissertation Agreement is not to be confused with the internship agreement (stage-overeenkomst)

Students involved in an ongoing research project

Either financed by third parties or not, make sure that the student signs the unilateral declaration of confidentiality and transfer of rights. Since Ghent University itself may have obligations vis-à-vis third parties and/or wishes to effectively protect the research results (mainly for patenting reasons), confidentiality is key.

Make sure the declaration is signed before involving students in an ongoing research project.

Collaboration between students and companies

If you have any questions or if you want to make changes to the declaration or agreement, please contact the legal team of UGent TechTransfer via our GISMO Contract Portal